Watching your favorite or anticipated movies in bed can be one of the best experiences. The bed is always a comforting place to watch TV. Aside from being comfortable, it has been shown to have incredible benefits, as it helps to relax and drift off to sleep faster after a long day at work. However, to ensure your comfort and the perfect experience you need the very best pillow for watching TV while you are in bed.
Nothing can make your experience on bed miserable while watching your favorite TV show or a movie like being uncomfortable no matter the sleeping position you adopt. Eventually, you get those sleeping pillows and use them for support, which gets them damaged and result in poor night’s sleep.
- Top 7 Pillow for Watching TV in Bed
- How to Choose the Right Pillow
Top 7 Pillow for Watching TV in Bed
However, some excellent pillows are designed to provide all the necessary support, while you sit up to watch a good movie or a TV show in bed. Now, let’s have a look at the best pillow for watching TV and why you should purchase one before your next bed movie time.
Cushy Form Bed Wedge Memory Foam Top Pillow
This pillow is designed to help transform your bed into a very comfy recliner. The product is very versatile as users can make use of it while laying down or sitting up to watch your TV show – thanks to a wedge shape. When it is in a lower position, the pillow gives your head which is off the bed the necessary support to limit acid reflux and helps gives you the right spot for easy reading or other opt-in activities. While positioned higher offers you a decent spine and back support to keep your focus on the movie without being bothered about back or neck pain.
The foam designed by Cushy Form makes use of high-quality foam to avoid sinking in and wider to provide more rooms and ease to your shoulder and back. With proper elevation, you don’t need to keep breathing heavily or have troubles breathing. If you love to drift off to sleep while you watch a movie, then this is an excellent choice.
- Improve overall sleep quality
- Provide support for sitting up comfortably
- Features a high-density memory foam conforming to the shape of the body
- Comfortable and ergonomic design
- Might take a while before getting used to sleeping in it.
Xtra Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow
If you are looking for a product with multiple uses, then this triangle-shaped pillow featuring a 3 in 1 design to offer more comfort. The wedge and the triangle-style pillow is easy to fold and flip for propping up your legs, reclining and sitting up to enjoy your favorite movie. You will also find the product breathability a great plus to the deluxe memory foam.
With time you find yourself drifting off while making use of the pillow to have a moment with your TV. The Bed Wedge from Xtra Comfort comes with a washable cover, which can quickly be taken off for quick and easy cleaning. And, as such, you can always have a beautiful, clean pillow to help keep you comfortable in bed.
- Designed for versatility with a 3 in 1 design
- Features a removable cover easy to clean
- Its Memory foam is designed for better breathability
- Some users may find this pillow slightly too hefty.
LINENSPA Shredded Memory Foam Reading Pillow
This product from Linespa is an excellent option if you are interested in a product for sitting up to enjoy your TV shows, play video games and red in bed, then take advantage of this superior pillow. The product is appropriately sized to be ideal for both adult and children use. Shredded Memory Foam Reading Pillow is built to be very firm without being too hard, and, as such, provides the necessary spine and lumbar support for some excellent TV sessions on the bed.
The pillow conforms to your back’s shape and comes with a fantastic skin feel – thanks to its velour cover. Shredded Memory Foam is wide enough for relaxing and can be used for a variety of purposes. Another remarkable feature is its handle which provides extra comfort. The product also comes with a three years’ warranty, and it is durable enough to last beyond the stated warranty.
- Excellent for lumber and back support
- Very comfortable
- The right blend of support foam and shredded memory foam
- Perfect choice for people recovering from back pain or surgery
- Built for slender users, and may not be ideal for wide or tall individuals
Avana Kind Bed Orthopedic Support Pillow
This pillow is manufactured to be supportive and comes with all features needed to ensure your comfort in bed or fasten your recovery from severe spine injuries or pain. This four-piece set pillow is well cushioned, with each providing extra support to your neck, lower back and the last adjustable two for your upper and middle back.
No need to be worried about getting the pieces into the right fit for optimized comfort and support for your neck, back, and spine. The product is designed for those needing to sit up and do few things like playing a game or watching TV while in bed recovering from a severe back or spine injuries.
- Fully adjustable and customizable
- Designed to speed up recovery
- Provides extra support for your neck, lumbar, back, and knees
- Furniture-grade polyurethane foam filling
- May not be appropriate for sleeping
BedLounge Hypoallergenic Microsuede Back Support Pillow
With Hypoallergenic Microsuede Back Support Pillow you get an optimized comfort as you watch the TV or sit up to read in bed. The product has a nice feeling when it touches your bare skin and does not lead to skin irritation. The pillows feature an ergonomic design coming with a well-cushioned head to support your neck whenever you are seated up to have a moment with your TV shows.
It is built to provide support to your back and help those dealing with severe back or spine pain to able to sit up to read, play games or watch a movie. It is lightweight which won’t pose a problem in righting in the right position with the pillow.
- It offers more support as it comes with a durable inner frame
- Removable microsuede pillow covering
- Lightweight about 6.5 pounds
- Not well featured to support your lumbar
Relax Home Life Foam Bamboo Pillow Wedge
This pillow is designed in a wedge-shaped, which contribute to the extra comfort experienced when using this Foam Bamboo Pillow Wedge when seated, sleeping or lounge in the bed. The pillow is filled with about 60 percent polyester, and 40 percent bamboo fiber, which is responsible for supporting your back and shoulders, while ensuring the product is highly breathable during heat-intense weather.
It features a remark build quality for extra comfort, a two-layer design, with a softer layer on top and firm base foam. Also, you don’t need to bother about the bamboo cover, as it is easy to wash and 100% hypoallergenic.
- Excellent for adjusting reclining or seating position
- 100% lifetime warranty
- Premium quality and durable foam filling
- Users may not like the strong chemical odor
eLuxurySupply Reading Wedge Bed Pillows
This is an excellent product from eLuxurySupply coming in a wedge shape and incredibly soft, intended to keep your shoulders and back extreme comfy and cozy while you hang out in the bed. This pillow offers excellent comfort in as much as you are seated up to watch your favorite TV series. This fantastic product coming at a reasonable price is plush enough for anyone to drift off easily, which makes it a decent choice for people dealing with acid reflux. Also, it looks great in any sham.
- Great angle for sleeping and sitting up
- Soft, plush, and downy
- Beautifully cushioned cotton pillow cover
- Some customers find the product too soft for sitting up for too long
How to Choose the Right Pillow
Most people often wish and spend approximately a third of a day’s sleeping in, perhaps you are student cramming for the finals or a nursing mother. And, one of the essential parts to ensure a beautiful experience while on the bed is your pillow.
Get the wrong type, and you may end up feeling all sort of pain, tossing and turning, and 40 winks.
Here is how to choose the right pillow for watching TV
Choose a Filling
What we like differs, it may be as unique and distinct as your personality. There are three main types of pillow fillings, namely:
- Feather filling – is the right choice for people who love to feel cradled, as it helps retains heat for cold days. Before purchasing look at the pillow details and find an indicator called fill power, which means the amount of filling the pillow contains. The more the filling, the better and durable the product will be. Also, this filling type lacks the sharp feathers ends, which can destroy your pillow or prickle the skin. Besides, people with allergies should purchase a hypoallergenic pillowcase.
- Springy memory foam – memory foam is known to take the shape of your body curve and return to its original form after getting off. It is an excellent choice for people with spinal and neck problems who want to sit up in bed. A pillow filled with memory foam distribute your body weight. A downside to this type of filling is its price.
- Polyester filling – sit up pillows with this type of fillings are usually cheap and provide decent support while retaining its shape. However, among the kinds discussed here, it is the least durable.
- Others – the list doesn’t end here, there are natural and specialized options too. Typical examples are buckwheat, organic and natural latex, etc. they are often breathable and resist dust mites, mildew, and molds.
Size of the Pillow
To ensure you are making the right choice, you need to consider an essential factor, which is your bed size. Most pillows dimension correlate with your mattress size – queen, king, twin, twin XL, etc.
Purchasing an oversize sit up pillow for a small-sized bed can make you feel cozy and enveloping. However, if you are among the people who love to prop with several pillows, then it is advised for you to purchase smaller pads. A mattress with enough rooms like a king size works best with a standard sit-up pillow.
Select the Right Softness and Support
Irrespective of what the type of filling you choose, ensure the pillow firmness is to your desire. Going for a product that doesn’t support your back, neck or leg appropriately may lead to pain and discomfort. Since the sit-up pillow is needed to help and keep you comfortable to sit up for several minutes, then it is imperative you get the right softness.